Business is all about minimizing costs and maximizing profits. For you to minimize the costs, you need to be cautious about the amount of money you commit to marketing your business. Whether you are new or old in the online marketing industry, you may have a limited advertising budget to market your website Nick Sasaki. Even if you had enough resources, you still have to minimize your costs for you to remain in business. Free online marketing is therefore a key ingredient in growing your business online. Do you agree with me?
When I had just started online marketing, I spent much money, hoping to bring quick returns in the shortest time possible. I dug deep into my pockets to spend on several methods intended to drive traffic to my website. At first I thought I would make money online as fast as possible. Hmmm! That wasn’t the case. I realized that if I continued spending without going back to the drawing board to reorganize myself, I would end up wasting my resources on what could not work for me. I therefore decided to zero down on free online marketing.
Do you know that online marketers are there to make money? Yes, that’s why we are in business. But in the quest of making money, some marketers really exaggerate a lot. I always visit websites with adverts that make me laugh. Do you know why? It’s because I once fell prey to such “Make $ 2,000 in 72 hours” adverts. Most marketers create some urgency for you to spend by prompting you to feel that you will make money within hours. But it’s not all that simple.
While it’s possible to make quick money online, it may not be easy to new marketers. I am not discouraging you from using paid online marketing methods. They surely work. But what I am guarding you against is to spend your hard earned money on marketing methods you have not known very well how they really work. That’s why it’s good for newbies to use free online marketing methods first as they get the experience in doing online business.
There are many free online marketing methods but I would like to share with you only six methods that I have used and found to be effective.
1. Article marketing is a very effective free online marketing method, which most outstanding and experienced marketers use to drive a steady stream of traffic to their websites. All what you need to do is to write your own articles on topics related to your niche and submit them manually to article directories that will not charge you any penny. Your challenge here is to produce articles consistently and to have a list of the article directories for your article submission.
2. Open an account with Google to use their free online marketing tools like eBlogger, Google Webmaster tools, Google Analytics, Google Sitemaps, Google AdSense, Google Writely, Google Content Submission, Google Alerts and Google Froogle. These are advertising tools you can use without paying any coin to increase traffic to your website. Your challenge is to learn how to use them.
3. Use the word of mouth to tell people, with whom you personally get into contact, about your online presence. Do not underrate the word of mouth; it does wonders for me. I always ask people to visit my website and the response is always good.
4. Use social networking to reach many people with whom you share the same interests. Social networking is an effective free online marketing tool that came to stay. There are many social sites but the most popular sites include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MySpace, Ning, Google++, Tagged, Badoo, MyLife and Friendster.
5. Forum marketing is another free online marketing method you should not miss using. It’s so much used by experienced online marketers. You only have to join forums and become an active member. You will begin to see traffic coming to your site from forums.
6. Social bookmarking is a system where members of the same network are able to list websites, which are made accessible to other members of the network. Just like social networking, social bookmarking is a method that has become a big thing to the internet users. Social bookmarking sites include mainly Twitter, Squidoo, StumbleUpon, reddit, Blinklist, Clipmarks, etc…